Monday, May 07, 2007

6/5/2007 - Mysore express

Nowadays I travel very frequently to my native place, madurai. (The indian philadelphia :-) ). And I like travelling in trains. Particularly to Madurai, because of the scenic views in the morning and mild breeze in the evening. So I developed a habit of standing near the door for 15 to 30 minutes to enjoy the nature.

Smoking and drinking is considered as offence in Indian trains. But I could see lots of people violating this. Yesterday, when I was coming back I could see cigarette smell coming out of the toilet. I have seen this previously also. what shocked me is when 4 guys came near the door and they opened coca cola bottles and started drinking COKE. They ate peanuts as side dish. Fortunately, they did not create much noise. But who knows, they might have gone bad after they are drunk...

I wanted to hang them outside the train like Anniyan, but I stopped with my imagination.. I went back to my seat for sleeping.

1 comment:

Aravindh said...

haa...once we wer on our team outing to danteli...2 of my colleagues wanted to smoke and went inside the toilet.... we wer jus chilling out near the door... 2 police men came over for a check and we sneaked away...... lucky they havent come out that time....