Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Robert frost

Robert frost, one of the good poets, whom I admire a lot. here, I am going
to tell some thing about him and his poems.

Robert Lee Frost was born on March 26, 1874, in San Francisco. After the death
of his father, by age 11, he settled in masachusetts. he lived in this planet
till 89th age and died on January 29, 1963, in Boston. He has own three pulitzer
awards, for the following products from him :

Collected Poems (1931), A Further Range (1936), and A Witness Tree (1943).

The most inspired poem for me, is his "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening",
and the last stanza keeps ringing in my ears :

The woods are lovely, dark, and deep
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

and the stanza used to appear in diaries of jawaharlal nehru, first indian prime minister, after independence.

and some of the following quotes from him, are also sounded good to me...

"Love is an irresistible desire to be irresistibly desired."

"In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on."

"Half the world is composed of people who have something to say and can't and the other half who have nothing to say and keep on saying it"

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -- I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference."

going home, with the lines lingering.....

No comments: