Monday, November 21, 2005

@lantic Ocean

I have seen Atlantic ocean in map. I remember days when I always get confused with atlantic and arctic ocean and wrongly fill the maps. But, now I can easily.

Last weekend I had a good time pass. On saturday, I washed my clothes and after that I got tired, lifting wet clothes from the washing machine is not as easy as you think. I spent later part of the day watching some tamil movies(holy crap!). And inthe evening we started planning for the next day(ithukku mattum korachchal illai). We planned to go to hampton beech. I have heard lot about American beaches. So, with enthusiasm we started on sunday,by 12:30 After noon. If it is some other place, then we would have started little bit later than noon :-P. We took a print out of the map, courtesy: the googlers. And it has mentioned that it is 20 minutes from my place. We caught the NH, I was the navigator and my friend was the implementor (athaan driver). After 20 minutes, I was not able to correlate the map and the road. We were lost!! We took the next immediate Exit and were bit relieved from the highway traffic. The road ended suddenly, and there was only one liquor shop. ada paaveeegala (vivek tonele), liquor shoppukku oru exitaa!!

(ramanaa stylele)
motham portsmouthle 3 million per vodka adikkuraan
athula 2 million per raawa adikkuraan
athula 1 million per mail-in rebatela adikkuraan......

hmm, now, I got how the american government has enough cash.

Our chase for next exit started immediately. And my map is not showing where we were!

After a long struggle we went to hampton beach. The time was 2:30 PM. The climate was very cold. (atlanticlna chummava??). To our surprise(and disappointment) kannukku kulirchiya ethume illai.

But the view was amazing! Calm as our weekday besant nagar(ithu konja overu)! only the sound of the ocean, and some birds. I love beaches and was very much excited to walk in the beach, after a long time.

Here are some snaps, which we took during our beach walk. (and of course, comments on side)



Wow!!, super foto graphy.



ai, vellai kaakka, who said "varumayin niram sivappu?"



ka(adha)l vettu! everywhere, lovers are same! I remember seeing ka(adh)al vettu
of mookkaayan and mookkayi at azhagar koil.(one of the favorite places for lovers in Indian philadelphia)


(last, but not the least, itz me boldly facing the currents of atlantic).












In my horroscope it is mentioned that I will see a BIG break in my life, after I visit all the 5 oceans (hey, wait a minute, how many oceans are there? is bay of bengal an ocean?, geo-graphyle namma konjam weak). ok, my journey of ocean is continuing, I am going to Visit pacific ocean next weekend. Yeah, I will be travelling to California for "nandri therivikkum thirunal". (thanksgiving day, in American language).

6 comments:

div said...

lovely photos..with good comments

bay of bengal is not an ocean..:-)
its a part of indian ocean..

Jagan said...

5 ocean ah ? athukku bathule yetho oru english padam ..oceans 11 or ennomo ..athu paru da ..may be efffect will be super :-)

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

div: thanks! and thanks for confirming it!

jagan: oceans 20 da athu! i will get four breaks for sure!

Srinath said...

Thatthii thadavi .. vazhi theriyaama.. adhuvum allillaadha beachukku poi, kaakkaa oottinalum.. nakkalukku korachhalae illa daa.

'KJ Kichha'.. Vayasanaalum, un nakkal koraiyavae illa daa (read like padayappa neelambari style).

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

srin: machi, namma chinna thaa pannalum overaa build up kuduthu pazhakkam aayiduchu da. onnum panna mudiyathu. cycle gaple enakku "vayasu aayiduchinnu" vera solre, enna thairiyam irunthaa oru +2 padikkure student paarthu ippadi ketppa?

18 'til I die. :-P

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

smyta: "brilliance" is just a coincidence in that photo. Even I liked that one very much.

Welcome!