Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Modern Art

Last monday, me and my friend went to Mac Donalds for snacks(or lunch?). Near to our seat there was a painting, hanging on the wall. I did not understand anything in that painting and told my friend that I did not get anything in that painting and asked him whether he gets anything. He said, "me too". happadaaa, enakku mattum thaan puriyalainnu nenachean. and he said," but that is modern art, you will not understand it". Stop, stop, stop.... I have been said the same thing alway about modern art. "if you dont understand some paintings, then it is called modern art". I got one good explanation from another friend who is very much interested in painting. He gave a definition of "modern art": a picture that conveys a message. Oh, thats the reason why everyone stare at some paintings and try to find what the artist is trying to convey. nammalakku straightaa sonnale sariya puriyathu.. ithule hidden message veraya, kilinjichchu!!

the following is one of such modern arts taken from an Aquarium centre, Boston.



seri, irunthaalum freeya vida manasu illai, I want to interpret atleast one modern art properly. For that I have to learn modern art. The best way to learn a language is to speak it. I thought the same should be applicable for modern art as well. Hence, I took my mspaint and broke my head to draw some picture which conveys some message. the result is:



Can you guess what the above picture conveys? If you are not patient enough for guess, then proceed further without guesses..





in Tamil:

"vaazhkaingurathu oru vattam,
athula jeykkuravan thoppan,
thoppavan jeyppan..."

in English;

Life is a circle(/cycle) of success and failure.

Hope I will able to interpret modern Arts in future.

16 comments:

Jagan said...

kalakitta maams ...scene thaan po .

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

jagan: thanks, ellam unga aasirvatham thaan ;-)

armadillo said...

hey i guessed it just correct :-D I also interpretted your intricate art values ;-) further as red for hurdles and green for successes.
vaazthukkal
I am not a big fan of modern art, except for some paintings done by elephants (i shall be posting one soon)

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

armadillo: i never thought that the picture will convey what it wants to, anyways, i am 'pat'ting myself :-)

div said...

hey at first i thought its was 2 magnet with magnetic field around it....
but later when i observed closely i got the meaning of ur art..

but what abt the above art..not able to understand..i am not able to see anything out of it..

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

chennai pages: good interpretation!

div: "magnetic field ", i think you are straight away from your physics class, LoL.

"i am not able to see anything out of it.. ", thats modern art!

Adaengappa !! said...

Even i had same questions about Modern Art ?
But no answers YET !!

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

adengappa!, I was thinking that I am the only one who cannot interpret the scribblings on walls. Now, I have enough company :-).

Sneha Acharya said...

Hi first time to ur blog.
Nice Post :-)

Unknown said...

Well,Kicha, i immediately remembered a sanskrit quote which said:
Sukhamapatitham,Seviyam
Dukhamapatitam tatha,
Chakravat parivartante sukanicha,dukhanicha.
Appadiyenaa, Life is like a wheel, aloternating between happiness & sorrow.

Infact with you in the center & green & red you have done a great job!

rashmi

silverine said...

Hi Kicha,

Thanks for dropping by my blog and your comments. I see you belong to the charmed circle of the one and only "jagan" ;))

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

sneha: Welcome!and thanks

randomthoughts: though, I have learned sanskrit during my skool days, now it is blank for me! thanks for the quotes :-)

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

silverine: welcome! yes, we are from the same group (the vettis ;-) ).

Anonymous said...

Kuttuva,

Since it is u'r usual dialogue, able to interpet it easily. But i think it is logical art!!!... circle...arrow...rectangle...

Engineering kirrukal

Anonymous said...

Kuttuva,

Since it is u'r usual dialogue, able to interpet it easily. But i think it is logical art!!!... circle...arrow...rectangle...

Engineering kirrukal

M

Krishna Ram Kuttuva Jeyaram said...

M: hmm, it is difficult for engineers to think more than circles and rectangles ;-) (appdinna nammala aarambichiduvom ;-) )